To change your logo go to the 'Page Master' under the 'Design' menu
Education To Club Links
South Lancashire Counties Football League
Main Club Sponsors
Technical Kit Supplier
Retail, Sports & Fitness Partner
Officially Supported By
Training Kit Sponsors
Official Training Ball Sponsor
Cosmos Mobile App
Social Media Partner
Criteria and Benefits
The FA Charter Standard Clubs programme, supported by FA Community
Partner McDonald's was launched in February 2001 and is a core
component of The FA Football Development programme.
The project is aimed at all clubs outside the Football League and Premier
League, players, children and parents to find a club in their local area that
meets FA standards.
The FA, in conjunction with various bodies, has drawn up the following set of criteria for clubs wishing to reach Charter Standard:
• A written constitution
• FA CRB checked volunteers
• All managers to have minimum of FA Level 1 Coaching Course
• Commitment to attend in-service training
• Acceptance and promotion of Codes of Conduct
• Commitment to provide Mini-Soccer opportunities for Under 10s
• Commitment to promote schools liaison and equal opportunities for all
Clubs that are successful in achieving the Charter will get access to a range of benefits:
Clubs that are successful in achieving the Charter will get access to a range of benefits:*
• Adult Clubs £100 UMBRO voucher
• Development Clubs £150 UMBRO voucher
• Community Clubs £200 UMBRO voucher
• Vouchers can be used on the UMBRO website which includes a built-in 15% discount.
*New benifits to be confirmed.
• Clubs will receive NIKE Match Ball
• Attracting sponsors
• Football Foundation applications.
• Attracting Volunteers
• Gaining members/players.
CFA support for FA Charter Standard Clubs
• 4 x Coach In-service provided by RCDM
• Mini Soccer Festival - leading to National Festival at Wembley
• Administration Support Sessions - Workshops which could be delivered with leagues
• Support with Funding applications - could include surgeries/ ‘buddy’ sessions.
• Access to subsidised Coach Education programme e.g. Age Appropriate
• Establish local buddy groups
• FA Awards programme
• FA/McDonald’s Coaching programme
• Introduction to Refereeing – to be developed by Referees’ Department and delivered free
• UMBRO kit deal.
• Coach Education Programme
• Equity and Safeguarding
• Referee Development
• Medical Courses
• CFAs may consider providing subsidies for FA Charter Standard Clubs.
Additional financial support
• The FA has £200k pa as part of the Whole Sport Plan grant to develop club services.
• CFAs will be allocated a percentage of this budget, through County plans for distribution to FA Charter
Standard Community Clubs to support additional funding applications which enhance and support the
• From 2010, FA Charter Standard should move to an annual health check as part of re-affiliation
• Programme of league and CFA monitoring
- Secret match visits
- Cross-reference discipline at CFA and League
- Leagues to comment as part of CS application and health check
- League Fair Play Marks.
• Community Clubs to receive two visits to support and review the delivery of the club’s development plan
• Development Clubs to receive an annual visit to review development plans and support the
development of new plans.
FA Charter Standard Info & Links
Full FA Charter Standard Overview
FA Charter Standard Criteria
FA Charter Standard FAQ